Stockholm Syndrome by Mysie Lynn Cairns

Monday, November 01, 2004

Day 1 Update

So I looked it up. Last year's entry, simply titled "Rebecca and Luke", reached 39 pages. 14,574 words. That's what, a quarter to goal? The thing that I'm happiest about accomplishing with that is that a year later, and I still think about the characters frequently. I hope to one day pick up where I left off.

I think I've set a harder task for myself this year. I've only ever written romances up to this point. Some of them paranormal, some of them not. This year's attempt will be horror. I didn't quite grasp the possibilities until today, but after just 36 hours to think on it, I think the idea could definitely become a book, and not just a short story. But I'm about ready to pee my pants at the prospect of changing genres. It will not be paranormal horror either. More suspense-horror. Not that I'm convinced I can write suspense. But horror should be easy enough. As long as the words keep flowing. Come to me, words, I beseech you! NOB, is that how you spell beseech?

Anyhow, a few words on the subject matter. Anyone who knows me through my blog should be well aware of my fascination with sex and writing about sex. Just because I'm trying my hand at horror does not mean there will not be sex. In fact, the sex is the horror. I'm not sure how much of the actual work-in-progress will get posted here, but I'm going to put up the entire opening, a kind of prologue, so you can get an idea, if somewhat sketchy, of where things are going. After that, you can judge for yourself if you care to continue reading what I post here.

Until tomorrow then, I say Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home